Saturday, November 28, 2009

Saturdays

I just love Saturdays...Tim goes to work early and I have the whole day to get a lot...or a little...done. I love that I can sit in silence and just watch life go by outside the picture window. I love that I can take my time sweeping (my favorite chore) while I listen to music of my choice. I love that today I could put away the empty boxes from the Christmas decorations we got out last night, and now everything looks clean. I love how peaceful the cats look when they curl up in the big chair by the window in the sunshine. On previous Saturdays, I have started with very early garage sale-ing, followed by cleaning, and then a late morning nap. I am enjoying that while I can...only 4 more months! Today I was overwhelmed by the mess we made with the Christmas decorations, so I was able to organize, and then clean the windows (especially the one which will frame the Chrsitmas tree we will put up tonight). I love not knowing what the rest of the day will hold....i.e., not having a plan, which is very unlike me. I am completely done with Christmas shopping, so I may move on to baking some Christmas goodies...who knows...that is what I love about Saturdays, mine are completely unpredictable.

2 comments:

  1. i love saturdays too, well when i don't have to work. you should definitely start christmas baking. i think i need to do the same. maybe me you and jenn need to get together for some christmas baking and more mario!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you crack me up chelsie! we'll talk in a year and see how much "free" time you've got once gracie is here :)

    we'll be at my mom's the 19th - 27th...maybe we'll see you guys.

    ReplyDelete